Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Zoo

I'm not sure which is more bizarre - London Zoo holding a specially designated gay day or Dawn managing to turn the concept into a themed music quiz. But that is exactly what she did, last night's quiz featured 20 songs which all contained an animal in either the artist or song title. And we managed to score a perfect 20/20....well I say we, but in reality of course, Ian got them all and refused to be diverted by my claims at one point that there really are animals called Dragons. Though in an uncharacteristic lapse on his part, we finished second after a tie-break but still walked away with Penguins. The chocolate biscuits, not real ones; in fact we each got a packet of nine. I am rationing myself to two a day.

Still, you can't please everyone. A member of Thingbox, who shall remain nameless, has posted there about the quiz:

remember Wendy will award the prize to the team that a) sucks up to her the most AND b) practically lives in the fucking place. This quiz is absolutely NO fun. We have won it about 4 times and each time walking up to get the prize is like a march to the gallows.

When I pointed out that no, she always awards the prize to the team with the most points, ie as per conventional concepts of "winning", he still wouldn't be swayed. I suspect he scored 19.5.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

Excuse me Mr, I played a part in it too you know, getting Elephant ithin the first two bars of whatever song Ms Right Nasty played.

Thu Sept 15, 06:07:00 pm  
Blogger Dogdriller said...

Oh yeah. Beg yer pardon.

Thu Sept 15, 07:40:00 pm  
Blogger redhairedqueer said...

You're right. There are animals called dragons. I saw a Komodo Dragon at the zoo on Sunday!

Wed Sept 21, 06:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home