Sunday, October 23, 2005

Cheesed Off

I think I may be in danger of cholestrol overload, given all the cheese consumed yesterday. Firstly I had a cheese sandwich at lunchtime, then in the evening some posh Sainbury's risotto thingy which contained gorgonzola. Finally, and much to my surprise, when I entered Duckie later on Amy was hosting a mini cheese and wine party around the centre table. The woman's ingenuity knows no bounds! And so I spent quite a lot of the first part of the night helping myself to all the delights on offer, or at least until Amy started looking at me funny.

Two acts last night, the first was a rather dapper gentleman in top hat and tails by the name of Paul L Martin who poshly sang us some songs such as the Eurythmics' Love Is A Stranger and Annoying Morrisette's Jagged Little Pill in a very genteel manner, before putting a scarf on his head and turning briefly into what I can only describe as a "Victoria Wood Northern Cleaning Lady" character to reel off a slightly amended version of Candle In The Wind (and not amended in the way Elton did for Diana, either). It was all very entertaining, over far too soon and also set the main act an impossible task to follow. I'm not going to say too much about them, except that well, we were all 19 once.

And later on, some overenthusiastically-dancing idiot jumped on the side of my foot and got a piece of my mind for the privilege. I think I made him feel sufficiently guilty (at least for a few minutes anyway). I am rather disappointed this morning that, whilst I do have some semblance of a bruise there, it is nowhere near as dramatic nor heel-shaped as I was hoping. Oh well, time for some more cheese.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

Does your hypochondria know no bounds.

Sun Oct 23, 02:08:00 pm  
Blogger Dogdriller said...

I'm not a hypochondriac, I'm just ill all the time.

Sun Oct 23, 05:34:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A well fed one at that.

Wed Oct 26, 04:31:00 pm  
Blogger Dogdriller said...

Thank you GARETH.

Wed Oct 26, 08:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home